BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Faerie Blood - Angela Korra'ti I bought this book on a Fictionwise sale last year, and for a number of reasons ( primarily getting a bit burned out on Urban Fantasy) I didn't read it until now. I am glad I finally read it, though.This was an enjoyable read. When I started reading it felt like I was walking next to Kendis as she struggled to adapt to the fact that trolls, elves and magic existed. The Seattle setting was detailed and added to the feeling that I was a silent witness to the havoc that elves and magic wrought on Seattle.As she struggled to stop the Elves, Kendis met several interesting characters. There is Christopher and his struggle with his own powers. Millicent, with her gruff facade. Elessir... with a twisted kind of honor.The plot was fast paced and filled with unexpected twists. And I couldn't stop reading, I had to know if Kendis managed to defeat the Elves Unfortunately, after the final battle, I lost interest. I finished to book, but some of the things that happened felt both logical and over the top. ( A paradox, I know.)Still this was a well written novel with a cast of intriguing characters, and I'll definitely read the sequel.