BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Diana's Hound (Bloodhounds, #4) - Moira Rogers I have been looking forward to reading Nate's story ever since I read Wilder's Mate. And I am glad I requested this ARC.The world of the blood hounds are a harsh world, filled with dangers. This book gave another dimension to the vampires. It was intresting to see how polite the vampires in Eternity was, compared to how they normally were described.Eternity might be home to vampires, but it was also a flaunting of power. In fact, I couldn't help wondering how the life in both Deadlands and at the Border would have been if Eternity hadn't existed.I liked Diana and Nate. They are both oddities among the Bloodhounds. Diana because she is female, the only female hound, infact. Nate because he is part blood hound, part vampire. But.. they fit each other. Diana were a fighter, and Nate primarily a inventor.Their search for the rogue hound that created Diana was fast paced, and filled with unexpected twists. The fact that they were headed to Eternity, a town filled with vampires added to the tension. As did the sexual tension between them. The sexual tension, combined with the protective urges added another layer to the story.The plot wrapped up the story arc, but it had a whopper of a twist that made me itch to read the next book.Despite all the things I loved with this book, it took a long time before it fully hooked me. And a big part of that, is because I requested this ARC two days before I realised that I am tired of paranormal romance and Urban Fantasy.