BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

The Wicked - Thea Harrison When Thea Harrison asked on Twitter for reviewers, I jumped on the chance. And I am glad I did. This was an excellent addition to the Elder Races Universe.The story takes place on Carling's Island, located in an Otherworld. It was intresting to follow the preparations for their trip there. It also felt right that it wasn't easy to get to the Island, and the fact that part of the journey was the most dangerous one.I really enjoyed Olivia's and Sam's romance. It felt nuanced. There was a sexual attraction between them , but they also talked with each other. I also loved the supporting characters, from Phaedra ( and I am having my fingers crossed that she will get her own story) to Bailey.The plot wasn't unique, but it was well crafted. I enjoyed the romance, with a dash of mystery tossed in. It was intresting to watch Sam struggle with his curse, and the despair he felt over it.The biggest problem I had, was that I felt that the story should have been longer. For example, the part of the book that focused on Olivia, and her work to pack up the library felt... shallow. As a result, I didn't feel the impact when the disaster finally struck. It was more ” Oh, the villain finally acted.”