BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Black Gold - Vivian Arend The Review: What I liked:I liked the Granite Wolves shortstories, so when I saw that Vivian Arend was working on a fulllength novel set in the same world, I pre-ordered it. This was a fun read. Gem and Shaun is each other opposites. Gem is a southern belle that has had a sheltered life until now. Shaun is more experienced. I liked that both acknowledged their mate bond, but they knew it would require work. It was fun to read about their struggles to adapt. I loved that Gem refused to change her plans, no matter how hard Shaun tried to convince her. It was fascinating to see Gem shake off the restrictions she was used too, and bloom in the wilderness.What I didn't like: This didn't affect the story, but the fact that Gem's college professor and the rest of the students came to her HOUSE to hold the laborations baffles me. Wouldn't it have been cheaper for Gem to attend with a bodyguard in tow? Also, safety reasons. I suspect if something had happened during the laboration, it would have been Gem's father that was responsible not the university.I also felt that the subplot between Caroline and Evan didn't add anything too the story, but was there solely to add length.