BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Copper Lake Secrets - Marilyn Pappano I love Marilyn Pappano's Copper Lake books. I don't rush out and buy the latest immediately, since I am not keeping track of her release schedule, but I buy them when I am in the mood for Romantic Suspense, set in the South. This book is no different. Or actually, it is. It has the additional element of a haunted plantation filled with secrets.Which is another thing that I love.The atmosphere gave me goosebumps. Part of it was because it could be taken from a historical novel, set in the south. From the house, to Miss Willa's manners. Just about everything.It was nailbiting to follow Reece and Jones search for the truth of what happened that summer 15 years earlier. Their search shed new light on what happened all those years ago. From Reece arrival, to the foggy memories that she have dreamt nightmares about.The characters felt like mirror images of each other. They were estranged from their families, both of them had lost something during their Summer in Copper Lake. It was touching to read about their unfolding romance.So what I didn't like. If this had been release as a Paranormal Suspense, I would have given it an A. Since it is published as a Romantic Suspense, I cannot give it an A. Why? The romance between Reece and Jones are sweet and touching, but there is no obstacles for them to overcome in their relationship. Or if it is, it was swallowed by the Suspense part of the book.Still, I enjoyed it and I plan to read more by Marilyn Pappano in the future.