BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Shifter's Destiny - Anna Leonard Laura Anne Gilman is an autobuy author for me, so when I discover she had a new Paranormal Romance out under the name of Anna Leonard, I snapped it up. And I am glad I did. I fell in love with this story. The shapeshifting unicorns felt unique, and was a welcome relief from the standard shapeshifters like Werewolves. What I liked was how believable their traits felt. Ms Leonard had included traits from horses, and used them that made total sense, and at the same time added an extra layer of tension. . That both Maggie and Elizabeth had gifts were obvious, but I liked how different they were. Maggie's was obvious, but Elizabeth's gift was more neboulus. The plot sucked me in, and it kept me hooked. The sexual tension between Josh and Elizabeth, the rut, the fear that the villain will catch them... All of it works together to create a tense, fast paced story set against the quaint New England country side. That the plot built up towards an confrontation with the bad guy was clear. But how it happened took me by surprise. It was touching to see how Elizabeth cared for Maggie, and how Maggie loved her in return. Josh was a reluctant hero at first, since he had to return home. Yet, I adored him for the fact that he was there for them when they needed him the most.