BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Jar of Dreams - Liz Flaherty While The Debutante's second chance isn't my favorite Liz Flaherty novel, I fell in love with the fictive small town Taft, so when I discovered this was another Taft novel, I requested it on the spot.It was nice to revisit Taft, and see it from the perspective of someone who hadn't grown up there. I really enjoyed how Lucy became friends, and slowly got a part of Taft. I also liked that Taft wasn't perfect, that the downturn of the economy also affected Taft.I enjoyed how Taft accepted Lucy. But, I also liked the fact that it wasn't perfect. I liked the old pain between Boone and Crockett, the suspicion Boone and Kelsey showed Lucy when she showed up.I'll admit it, at first I was a bit sceptical if Boone and Lucy's relationship would work out, since Boone was only visiting over the summer. I am happy to say that I was wrong. Following Boone and Lucy's relationship from wariness to their happy ever after was a delight. I liked how Lucy and Boone slowly got to know each other to talk about their past scars. It was touching when Lucy first gathered the courage to tell Boone what had happened to her father.Boone struggled with death of his wife, and I ached for him. It was touching to follow him through the stages of grief, until he could move on. As he did, he too, was tugged back into the folds of Taft.The secondary romance between Gert and Sims were sweet and touching, and I loved it. They deserved a bit of happiness.That said, there were a couple of things I didn't like with the books. Occasionally, I had trouble with connecting to Boone and Lucy. It didn't happen often, though. Also, I wish that how the arsonist thought had been shown through out the story, instead of being blurted out at the end. [b:The Debutante's Second Chance|3269584|The Debutante's Second Chance|Liz Flaherty|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1267899561s/3269584.jpg|3304923]