BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

The Source of Magic: A Fantasy Romance (Alaia Chronicles) - Cate Rowan This book has been on my wishlist since I bought Kismet's Kiss. I never got around to buy it, until now. I am glad I bought it.Teganne was an intriguing contrast to Kad, and it felt very believable. From the way the castle was described to the customs and traditions they had. I also liked the magic, and the fact that the Kyrra was limited. Once you burned it out, it was gone forever.I liked Jillian and Alvarr. Jillian's reaction to suddenly being in Teganne, and the struggle to adapt to it, and what it meant felt believable. Alvarr was honorable warrior, but I also liked that he struggled with keeping his country independent.It was intriguing to follow Jillian's and Alvarr's romance. From the way they clash in the beginning, to how they gradually start to get to know each other. I liked how both of them had their own issues to work through, and how that caused additional problems between them. I also liked that they were ready to compromise with each other. The plot twists were unexpected, yet logical when they happened.Despite all the things I liked with this novel, I never felt the desperation that Alvarr and Jillian felt.