BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Waiting For Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #8) - Marie Force I hesitated over buying this book. After reading it, I am glad I did. Mostly.It was nice to revisit Gansett Island, and see how it prepared for the onset of the Tourist season. This is the 8th book in the McCarthy series, and this time the focus was on Adam and Abby. Both of their lives were in upheaval at the beginning of the story. It was intresting to follow their Romance as it turned from a fling, into something more. What I liked was how they didn't have sex until they had gotten to know each other. Instead, they spent time hanging out with each other. I really liked how Abby slowly rebuilt her selfconfidence when it came to men. This romance unfolds at the same time the McCarthy's are struggling with the aftermath of the boating accident. It was touching to see how they become even more close knit. Both when it came to assuring themselves that all of them was still alive, and when it came to Grant, Mac and Evan adjusting to the fact that they still were alive and Steve wasn't.And, that is also my biggest complaint. As always, there was secondary romances. Normally I enjoy them, but this time they felt superfluous.I wish that Marie Force had scaled them down and let the focus be on the McCarthy's healing.