BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Heart Fortune - Robin D. Owens When Robin D Owens offered to send me an ARC of Heart Fortune as a thank you for helping her with the copy edits, I accepted.Like all Celta novels, this was a well written novel, and for a nice change it didn't take place in Druida. The camp setting felt believable. I really liked how there were a sense of community, and how they worked together to excavate Lugh's Spear. But I also liked that not everyone was friends, that there were rivalry between different people.Glyssa was born and raised in the city, but it was intresting to see how Glyssa gradually got used to life at camp, and the wilderness that surrounded it. I really liked Glyssa, and how she didn't hesitate to stand her ground, yet she was willing to change to get a future with Jace. I also liked her with Lepid, her intrepid fox fam. And how he encouraged her to be more daring.Jace on the other hand was used to living in camps, and to wander from job to job. I liked Jace. He had a sense of honor, and was determinded to keep his independence. This included having any relationships. But his reluctance to form a relationship with Glyssa made sense to me, since he had been scarred by his parents marriage.The plot was well written. I liked that Glyssa and Jace's romance moved slow, and that their relationship had its bumps. But I liked how they worked together to get over the bumps. And I really liked how the romance and the villain's actions were connected.Despite all the things I liked with the book, it wasn't perfect. It missed that touch of angst that the best of Robin D Owens novels have.