BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Changes (Collegium Chronicles Series #3)

Changes - Mercedes Lackey I intended to buy this, but when I discovered that the library had it, I decided to borrow it instead. I am glad I did. This book… it wasn’t good, but it wasn’t bad either. One reason could be that I thought it was the final book in the triology, which meant that I expected more action. Judging from the loose plot threads at the end, I suspect that there is at least one more book in the series. A lot of things happens, both to Mags, Amity, Lena and Bear. It was interesting to follow Mags gradual realization about the kind of Herald he will be, and his wrangling with the ethics of the decisions he has to make. What I regret in this book, is that it is solely focused on Mags because a lot of the subplots circle around his friends. It would have been nice to follow them too, instead of hearing second hand what had happened to them. The thing that annoyed me most, is the dialect that Mag’s speak. It is one of my pet peeves when characters speaks dialects. Yes, I understand why, but I still don’t like it. So will I buy it when it is out in paperback? I am not sure. Maybe. And that’s a big Maybe.