BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Lure of Song and Magic

Lure of Song and Magic - Patricia Rice This have been on my wishlist for a long time, but I never got around to buy it until now. And I am glad I read it. This is Patricia Rice at her best.The book hooked me from the start. The California setting felt believable, and I liked how the citizens of El Paso supported Pippa. I liked how they were depending on farmers and tourists, and how it made their economy vulnerable.And.. Into this Oz storms. I liked Oz, and how he was prepared to do anything to find his son. It would have been easy for Pippa be steamrolled by Oz, but I liked how she stood her ground, and refused. It was intresting to meet the rest of the inhabitants, and Conan. Who was geeky like always.The plot was fascinating, and I liked how everything was connected. Pippa's past, Oz missing son, the villain. What I also liked was how Pippa slowly started to step out of her shell, and start to heal from the past scars.So what I didn't like. Sometimes I got confused over when the kidnapping happened, if it had happened when Donal was a baby or when he was older.