BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Dead Iron (Age of Steam Series #1)

Dead Iron - Devon Monk This book had been on my TBR list for ages, but I couldn't afford it.So when I discovered that the library had it, I downloaded it. I didn't know until I had started reading it how much I needed to read a book without any romance. The book hooked me from the start. I am not sure what I feel in love with the most The gritty, Western Steampunk world filled with prejudices and inventions, or the characters with their flaws and determination. I could almost hear the sound of the railroad coming closer, and the hope that the town clung to. And the Strange. I loved how the fear of the Strange were a part of the world. I loved how Cedar struggled with his wolfside, how Rose dreamed on getting away from the small town of Halleluljah. And the Villain. Honestly, Lefel is one of the creepiest villains I have read in a long time. I think part of it is his ruthlessness, that he has a goal, and will make everything to reach it. Normally I can find things that I didn't like, even if it are just picky things like grammar and so. But I couldn't find anything in Dead Iron.