BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal

Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal - Grace Burrowes After the disappointment I felt over Lady Sophia's Christmas Gift, I hesitated but I decided to purchase it. In fact, I did more than purchase it. I decided to use one of Allromance ebooks 10th for free discounts, and pre-ordered it. And l am glad it did.This book reminded me why Grace Burrowes is on my auto buy list. It has everything I want in a good novel. Both Benjamin and Maggie are fascinating characters. None of them are intrested in waltzing around in ball rooms.One thing that I like is that the fact that Maggie is on the shelf. She have fought for her independence, and won it. It was fascinating to see how the wall of isolation she had built around her to keep her secrets hidden came crumbling down when Benjamin started to poke his nose into her life.Benjamin is the perfect compliment for Maggie. He is curious, strong and trustworth. It was touching to watch how he gradually coaxed out Maggie her secrets.But what I liked the most were how tightly intervoven Benjamin's search for Maggie's purse and their romance was. Often, the mystery plot feels tacked on but not in this case. No, in this novel Benjamin's search is what propels the novel forward.I also liked that the romance developed gradaully through the book, and that even when they have revealed the secrets to each other their path isn't easy. The end was touching on so many levels, and changed a lot of the family dynamics within the Windham family.So what I didn't like.I had a lot of trouble with believing that Benjamin could keep the fact that he was titled a secret from a big part of the Ton. Yes, he might be from Cumbria but still. I thought there were some sort of calendar that listed all eligible Lords? Or maybe I am mixing things up.