BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Beyond the Night

Beyond the Night - Joss Ware, Colleen Gleason I have had this in my TBR pile for years, but for a number of reasons I never got around to read it until now. After reading it, I am sorry I waited for so long.I don’t read many post apocalyptic novels, but I liked this one. Ms Ware has created an intrested world. The cause of the post apocalypse felt unique, and I liked how more and more was revealed through the story. One thing I liked was that the world was dangerous, and how everything was focused on survival, no matter the consequenses.I liked the characters. It was intresting to get know them, and to see how they thought and reacted to the story that unfolded. I liked how the characters backstory was gradually revealed, and how it affected the plot. It was fascinating to see the world through Elliot and his friends bewildered eyes since it didn’t look like it used to. I liked the fact that despite how it affected them, Elliot and his friends were Alpha males, yet they also cared. Elliot had been an doctor, and he was still a healer at heart. I liked how he was willing to sacrifice himself if necessary.Jade was intresting. She had a hard past, but it had also shaped her into the independent woman she was. It was intresting to see how her and Elliots relationship formed amid all the other things that occured.The plot was complex and fast paced. The complexity was one of the things I liked with this book. The events moved fast, but everything was connected to the characters past and the history of the world. It was intresting to see how the romance between Elliot and Jade started to form during all the action. I liked how they were forced to trust each other, or they wouldn’t survive.But the romance was also one of the weak points for me. I couldn’t feel any spark between Elliot and Jade, there were simply too many other things going on. Another thing I struggled with was some of the revelations at the end. They simply felt too far fetched for me. On the other hand, there had to be something unique to affect the world so drastically…