BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Giving Chase

Giving Chase - Lauren Dane This was the first Lauren Dane book I read, after hearing a lot of people rave about her. I thought I reviewed it last year, but I forgot to write the review. So I am reviewing it now instead.This story sucked me in from the start. Sometimes, I felt liked I was walking next to Maggie as she went on her first date with Alex ( who gave me the creeps by the way), I had to blink away tears when she decided to not go on any more dates. I wanted to punch Shane when he behaved like a jerk. But once she decided to date Kyle? Everything felt right. Not that it was easy. Nuh-uh. But I loved how supportive Kyle was, and how Maggie gradually gained her confidence and started to believe that she was worth to be happy, to have good man. When it comes to the setting, it felt believable. A lot of that feeling stems from the careful details in the setting. From the Home coming week, and the way everyone in town shows up, to the way everyone supports their friend. A lot of this stems from the characters. Maggies friends are down to earth, and generous. Which made Maggie's mother and sister stand out. And not in a good way. I wanted to claw their eyes out when I heard the poison their spewed. I cheered for Maggie when she dared to stand up to them.When it comes to the stalking part of the plot, I loved how it showed the difficulty the police has with stalkers, and how it often is viewed as a lesser crime. Even though it isn't.The biggest problem I had was with the fact that Maggie first dated Shane, before she started to date Kyle. I can understand why from a story point, but it still bothers me a little bit. Still, it was an great story, and I highly enjoyed it.