BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

If You Hear Her (Ash Trilogy, #1)

If You Hear Her (Ash Trilogy, #1) - Shiloh Walker If you hear her have been on my To Buy list since it was released, but for a number of reasons I didn't buy it until February 2012. And I am glad I waited. Oh, don't get me wrong. I loved this book in so many ways but let's start with the characters. I loved the relationship between Ezra and Lena. The attraction between Ezra and Lena is evident from the first time they meet.. I'll admit that for a couple of chapters I wondered if they would end up together or not, since Ezra resisted the urge to call Lena. His reasons for not calling her made sense. Believe me. Then there are Law, with all his secrets. Which gives him trouble. And Hope.. My heart went out for her. She has been through so many things. I also liked that not all characters were pleasant. Some were just annoying ( like a certain deputy). And the murderer? Burr. Honestly. I get goosebumps just thinking about him. Then there are the suspense. The suspense is there from page one. And it just increased. There isn't that many murders in the book, but Ms. Walker uses a lot of small touches to ramp up the suspense. And keep it there. I liked how the murders affected the town. The paranoia affect the whole city. The demands for an arrest. Kudos for the Sheriff department for not caving to the demands. ( I could go on and on about it, but I wont, since that would stray into spoiler territory).So.. What I didn't like. This book is the first book in a trilogy. As in, the story arc spans over three books. Which means that even if Ezra and Lena get their happy ending, the suspense part isn't tied up. No one in the book have an inkling who the killer is. Since book 2 is already out, and book 3 is coming soon this isn't a big thing. But if I had bought it in November? I would have been really mad at Shiloh Walker.