BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Wilder's Mate: Bloodhounds, Book 1: Bloodhounds Series, Book 1

Wilder's Mate - Moira Rogers The Book: Wilder’s Mate by Moira RogersThe Particulars: Steampunk, Samhain, e-bookWhy was it in my TBR? I was in the mood for steampunkThe Review:The blurb: Wilder Harding is a bloodhound, created by the Guild to hunt down and kill vampires on America’s frontier. His enhanced abilities come with a high price: on the full moon, he becomes capable of savagery beyond telling, while the new moon brings a sexual hunger that borders on madness. Rescuing a weapons inventor from undead kidnappers is just another assignment, though one with an added complication—keeping his hands off the man’s pretty young apprentice, who insists on tagging along.My impressions:I loved this. The world of a bloodhounds is grim, and gritty. The bloodhounds were a fresh take on Vampire hunters. I loved how Moira Rogers have added details from real dogs, and used them to create a sizzling tale about determination, survival and love. Wilder’s and Satira’s journey into the Deathlands felt realistic. The combination of a well-crafted plot, interesting characters, and a fascinating made this a satisfying tale.