BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Hunter's Prey: Bloodhounds: Bloodhounds Series, Book 2

Hunter's Prey - Moira Rogers I normally don't request ARC's but I decided to make an exception, since I love The Bloodhound series by Moira Rogers. And this one didn't disappoint. It was dirty, gritty, and steaming. Just like a Bloodhound story should be. Ok, a part of me wish it was a bit longer but that is the greedy reader in me.I loved that both the bad and good sides are shown. The bad sides with the Bloodhounds need for violence during the full moon. Their snarliness ( is that a word?) during the rest of the month when it comes to their mates. Their need for sex during the new moon. Hunter's and Ophelia's relationship is sizzling, but to Hunter's defense he is trying to court her. ( And gets snarly when someone comes close to her. ) It isn't just sex, though. There were a couple of scenes that made me go aaw. In a lot of ways, they need to trust each other. Hunter need to trust himself that he didn't hurt Ophelia, during the new moon, and that he will not in the future. Ophelia need to trust herself when it comes to hers and Satira's friendship. Even though this is about Hunter's and Ophelia's relationship, it is also about the impacts the events in Wilder's Mate had. From the fact that suddenly there is three Bloodhounds in Iron Creek, to the appearance of Guild representatives. And the guild representatives cause problems. Especially they shows up just when Wilder and Archer is out chasing the vampire lord.So what I didn't like. The only thing I didn't like was the title. Yes, Hunter's Prey fits in a way, but I bristle, since Ophelia is anything but weak.Also note: This review does not fully reflect the awesomeness that is Moira Roger's Hunter's Prey. The only way to experience that is to buy it.