BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

Sweet Surrender (Sweet Series #1)

Sweet Surrender - Maya Banks The Book: Sweet Seduction by Maya BanksThe Particulars: Contemporary Romance,Berkley, available both in print and e-bookWhy was it in my TBR? I was in the mood for romanceThe Review:The blurb:Under Faith Malone’s deceptively soft exterior lies a woman who knows exactly what she wants. A strong man who’ll take without asking—because she’s willing to give him everything...Dallas cop Gray Montgomery is on a mission: find the guy who killed his partner—and bring him to justice. So far, he’s found a link between the killer and Faith—and if Gray has to get close to her to catch the killer, so be it.My impressions:This was another spontan re-read. I didn’t want to read fantasy, so I rummaged through my bookcase and found this. When I read it, I was reminded why I love Maya Banks. It is the first book in her Sweet Series. It was refreshing to read a novel were the heroine tries seduce the hero, and not the other way around. The banter between the characters added an extra depth. The plot was well-written. I especially liked how the suspense plot and the romance plot interacted with each other. This is a sizzling story, that grabbed me from page one.