BookRecommendations

BookRecommendations

The Gods of Dream - Daniel Arenson The blurb caught my attention, and when the author offered it as a free read on Amazon, I decided to take the chance. I am leery when it comes to indie books, since you never know what you get. I am glad I took the chance. To me, this book felt like one of the old sagas, set in the unique world of Dream. Dream are filled with gods, speaking animals, and magical beings like the Pegacats. Dream is lush and sunny. If Dream is sunny, Nightmare is dark and bleak. Nightmare is home to demons, and other monsters. The contrast is stark, but it felt right. I liked how the bleakness of Nightmare affected Cade and Tasha. I loved how all the characters, both gods, Elorians, and animals were prepared to fight for Dream. I liked how Moonmist, which was a protected princess, took charge of a large group of soldiers. The book was good, but after awhile I started to wonder if Cade and Tasha would ever reach their goal. On the other hand, I don't think the book could have been that much shorter. Will I buy another book by Daniel Arenson? Probably. 2.99 isn't that much. But not until June, or something.